Even if August brings the dog days of summer, when we ride we make our own breezes.
Reminder of August Bike Events
National Bike Challenge continues.
Riding Down Memory Lane: Posts from the Dog Days of Augusts Past
I don’t list every post published in August; I try to pick ones that hold up over time. You can always go to the home page and use the navigation option that lets you choose posts by the month they were published.
- Event Planning 101: It’s Transportation + Accessibility Information, Not Parking Information: Read this if you’re responsible for organizing meetings, conferences, or a place to meet with friends.
- Broken Elbow Style Is Sleeveless: Not my favorite flashback.
- Who’s Keeping Track? Not Me: It isn’t always about the miles.
- Wednesday Words: Quotations on Bikes, Cars, Drivers and Roads
- Your “Right” to Speedy Travel Doesn’t Exist: There is no law guaranteeing any street user anything like “unimpeded speedy passage with no need to slow down, ever.” There just isn’t.
- If Bikes Were Cars and Cyclists Were Drivers
- Wednesday Words: Bicycling Quotations on the Efficiency of Cycling
- Reality Check: Bike commuting—always a breeze, right?
- Hassle Factor: Biking vs. Driving: In biking as in life, hassles are what you make them.
- Balancing Act: Life has these moments if we allow ourselves to recognize them. We pedal, pedal frantically sometimes, just to stay upright and keep moving forward, believing that if we stop we will fall.