Today’s post is in honor of Eldest Daughter (my baby!), who at the tender age of 20 years old gets married today to her “Love Bear.”
In advance of dissolving in tears in my mother-of-the-bride dress (which I shopped for during 30 Days of Biking), I did a few searches for bicycle wedding images and ideas.
First, some wedding arrivals:
Descriptions of some bicycle weddings (no one I know–just cute stories and photos that might give you some ideas if you’re planning a bike wedding of your own):
- Bicycle Wedding on A Cup of Jo
- Bicycle Wedding Supports Green Traffic (a wedding held on National Car-Free Day in China)
- Rebecca and Derek’s Fun Wedding on Green Wedding Shoes
- Slideshow of the Bill and Olivia Reyelt wedding, which the newlyweds departed on a bike-propelled couch!
- A really beautiful wedding–as color-coordinated and planned out as can be–with a bike theme. Look for the shot of the ring bearer and flower girl on a red tricycle–so cute!
Now for some bike-themed wedding decorations and ideas:
Custom print by Sofia Invitations and Prints, available on etsy
Custom cake topper with a bike theme for those of you on the “Tour d’Amour” by magicmud.com–
A bike-themed wedding cake and a cute bicycle photo display idea:
And finally, a link to the Bicycle Weddings Pinterest board I started and will keep adding to as I see images.
Even though Kate and Tim don’t ride bikes together (yet) I know they’ll roll happily together up and down the hills and valleys of the lifelong road ahead. When one needs a rest, the other will pedal harder for a while. May the wind be at their backs and the grade never more than they can handle.