Every once in a while I read some of my older posts and think, “Hey, that one held up!” or “That takes me back for a nice bit of nostalgia.”
I decided I’d go on a blogspedition (my own coinage for an expedition through a blog or blogs) to share links to some of those older posts written in February, along with a reminder of this month’s bike events in case you want to participate. (Always check in with any local or statewide bike organizations to find out about those fun events specific to your part of the world.) Since it’s February and I can see my frosty breath when I ride these days, I’m including a few winter-riding posts written in other cold months.
Reminder of February Bike Events
- Any time during the cold months, really: Icy Bike Winter Commuting Challenge. This functions as a Facebook group; you sign up and log your miles and weather conditions.
- Feb. 3, 2022: Winter Bike to Work Day. Always the first Friday in February.
- Feb. 11, Winter Bike Parade (if you organize one!): The promoters of Winter Bike to Work Day encourage people to plan and participate in a Winter Bike Parade on the second Saturday in February.
Winter Riding Posts
- A Solstice Post: Gifts I Give Myself by Riding in the Winter
- Wheeling through Winter, Riding in the Rain: Bicycling Gear ABCs to Keep You Rolling
- Keep Your Weather Eye Open
- Baby, It’s Cold Outside!
- Still Riding!
- It’s Snot Pretty
Riding Down Memory Lane
- Bikespedition Ideas: Noontime Noodling (2020)
- Bike, Transit, Car: Three Transportation Perspectives from Seattle (2018)
- Washington Counties Challenge: A Statewide Bikespedition To-do List (2018)
- Bikes Are Being USED, I Tell You. Keep Up the Good Work. (2013)
- Miss Manners Would Approve: Dealing with Drivers (2012)
- If Bikes Were Electric Hand Dryers (2011)