Winter in the northern hemisphere is summer in the southern hemisphere, so what better time to round up the women’s bike blogs from that upside-down United States (if you’re from the U.S.) and its smaller sister?
- Belles, Pedals, and Chains: A little blog about biking street style in Perth
- Bicycle! Bicycle!: She moved from Perth to Tasmania and kept up the blogging
- Bicycles in Newcastle: Vicki Coughlan rides a vintage bike around Newcastle, New South Wales, @vcoughlan
- Canberra Cycle Chic: Blogged by Trish, @cbrcyclechic
- Cazbar: By @caztheturtle
- Cycling Paradise: By Dee in Townsville, Queensland, where she says they have no snow, ever, and bikeways, and no hills.
- Cycle Style: Shop with a blog, @CycleStyleAu
- Freedom Cyclist vs. Helmet Laws: An advocacy site opposing mandatory helmet laws in Australia, @freedomcyclist
- Groover Rides: By a competitive cyclist in Brisbane, Queensland
- Perth Cyclist: 30-something woman who rides to work, the shops, and pubs.
- Rachel Neyland: Pro cyclist @rachneylan
- Ride Happy: By Lisa Jacobs, @LJRideHappy, road cyclist with the Victorian Institute of Sport in Melbourne, Victoria
- Rocket Fuel: Vintage and custom cycling style, @ rocketfuelstyle
- Sarah Wilson: A cozy blog by the former editor of Cosmopolitan, who rides bikes and went sugar-free
- The Pedelecing Cyclist: She rides a Trek women’s hybrid and a Gazelle e-bike in Geelong
- Sydney Cycle Chic: Another of those blogs with pretty pictures, @sydcyclechic, with a Cycle Chic Kids and a Green Chic Project
- Auckland Cycle Chic: Actually blogged by a woman who goes by @UnityFinesmith (not all Cycle Chic blogs are run by women, including the original)
- Bleu, Blanc, et Roue: Occasionally in French, by former racer Emma Bryant, @ebryantnz
- Cycling in Auckland: A round-up of all kinds of resources for Auckland riders founded by @UnityFinesmith and a team of writers
- Cycling in Christchurch: @cyclingchch
- Cycling in Wellington: Another resource round-up, @cyclingwgtn
- Cyclopolitan: “Urban revolutionary” @cyclopolitan; Urban Finesmith and team launched this and several others
- Frocks on Bikes: @frocksonbikes rocks the frocks and puts on events
A couple more Cycle Chic blogs appear but I can’t tell from the blog whether the person who runs it is male or female. Since the Cycle Chic movement was launched by a man I can’t assume. If you happen to know the blogger(s) at Wellington Cycle Chic or Freo Cycle Chic and can confirm authorship, let me know.
- Have you biked in Australia or New Zealand? What was it like?
- Have any blogs to add to the list? Be sure to leave a link in the comments!