I launched this blog May 1, 2011, at the beginning of Spokane Bike Month and National Bicycling Month, after nearly three years of blogging about biking and a lot of miscellany over at Bike to Work Barb.
Not knowing what kind of blogging pace I could keep up, I started out cautiously, then picked up steam. Celebrating 30 Days of Biking with my own 30 Days of Biking Blogging showed me that I could find plenty of fodder as long as I made the time to write.
I’ve slowed down the writing a bit–it’s winter and hibernation season, after all–but am happy to report that the fodder keeps coming and the blog is gaining readers and views. For that, much thanks!
As I look forward to 2012 I thought I’d look back at 2011 and pick out my favorite posts, as well as tell you which ones were tops for views.
It’s tough since they’re all my children and we don’t have any favorite children, right? Some of these are ones I think deserve more readers than they’ve had so far; others capture something near and dear to my heart.
First, my personal favorites:
- Feeling Good: Biking and Self-Image
- How Bikes Can Save the World
- Balancing Act
- Real People on Bikes: A Rose by any Other Name
- Biking as Downtime and other Musings on Overproductivity
- Bicycling Rites of Passage, Spokane Style
- Car, Bike, Bus: 3 Transportation Perspectives
- A Solstice Post: Gifts I Give Myself by Riding in the Winter
Now for the ones the stats say are the winners:
- Women’s Bike Blogs: The Comprehensive List
- The Search for the Perfect Purse: It May Just be a Bike Bag
- Wearing Real Clothes: A Radical Political Statement
- Happy Bottom: Pedal Panties Review
- About the Quest
- Women’s Clothing for Biking that Doesn’t Look like It’s for Biking: What to Wear, What to Wear
- All the other posts
- What was your favorite post and why?