The Blogspedition Goes Panting for Pants
To round out Pants Week after laying out design specifications for stylish biking pants, shopping, shopping some more, and dealing with the pants I already own, the blogspedition ventured forth to see what other women bike bloggers (and a few other writers) have to say about pants—like bicycles, a symbol of women’s liberation from the fetters.
First, a homemade video I found on YouTube that shows why you’d care about pants design if you ride a bike. (Can’t embed it.)
And now, for the links.
Deep Thought Category
- Thread for Thought: Bicycle Chic and Athletic Aesthetics
- Thread for Thought: Women, Pants & Politics
- Pants for Women: A brief history lesson
- Bloomers and Bicycles
- Rational Dress Reform Fashion History
- Rose Read asks a simple question with a simple photo: Cuffed or pegged?
- A Brief Pause for a Fashion and Gear Review: Jeggings as Bike Pants on Ding Ding Let’s Ride
Fashion Industry Talk
- The Bird Wheel: Bike Fashion Goes Mainstream—a comment on the release by Levi’s of jeans designed for biking (available for men only!) and the rise of biking fashion, by New York designer Nona Varnado
- An article on the two men behind the Outlier Women’s Riding Pants that makes me pretty determined to save up for a pair. Now I just wish they had more products.
Not pants but I just had to show you these–they’d be awesome under a skirt, wouldn’t they? Available from a company with the most amazing line-up of leggings I’ve ever seen (but then, I don’t get out much), Black Milk Clothing.
- What article of clothing makes you a trifle obsessive because you can’t find just what you want for biking?