I’m holding a fun bike-y ladies’ shopping event Saturday, May 21, 10am-2pm, at Roasthouse Coffee, 423 E. Cleveland.
I hope you’ll come and bring/tell all your friends as a fun way to wrap up Bike to Work Week. (And you don’t have to be someone who rides a bike to have fun at this, either!)
What’s up? I’m bringing together some friends who have cool stuff for you. Indulge yourself a bit, meet some women who like to ride bikes, enjoy some tasting and some shopping, and you’ll definitely want to try on a Nuu-Muu!
, of course! Served up by Deb Di Bernardo, whose “Farm to Cup” philosophy connects you with the people who feed your caffeine addiction.
: Robby Eldenburg, LMT,
will have a massage chair and do neck/back/shoulder work ($1/minute or $10/15 minutes) (Robby’s Facebook page
Paper arts: The ladies of 40 Candles will have journals, cards, and fine art photographic prints.
Inspiration and information: Kris Pitcher,
health blogger for Sistahpedia
and part of Team Pitcher
(nutritional coaching and personal training)–a friend, colleague, and amateur body builder–will give a brief talk about women, body image, and health shortly after noon.
A zine: Futurewise
will be there with issue #1, the bike issue, first in their new series of Complete Streets Zines
that explore the streetscapes of the Spokane area through the eyes of Spokanites. $3 donation benefits Futurewise.
Cool custom stickers:
Bike images and much, much more from the fertile brains & bike-riding imagineers at Hydra Creations.
Bike stuff: Yours truly will bring a few fun things to make your bike-riding truly stylin’.
- Po Campo bike bags and panniers: No one will ever guess that pretty purse is actually designed to strap onto your handlebars–until you show them. Made in Chicago by a woman-owned company. Not just for biking–great to strap onto strollers too!
- Nuu-Muus: The cutest dress you’ll ever sweat in; great for biking, tennis, yoga, running and other active movement. Made by a women-owned company based in Bellingham, Nuu-Muu is a member of 1% for the Planet, a business organization that donates 1% of all sales to environmental organizations.
- Bike Wrappers: Like reflective clothing for your bike–style & safety both. Made in California.
- Bike Style Spokane stainless steel water bottles: Show your style with a BPA-free water bottle.
- Who knows what else? I’m still shopping for the kind of girl stuff that just makes it more fun to ride.
If you’re on Facebook, share the event invitation
with friends there and please become a fan of the Bike Style Spokane page
. You’ll see my blog posts and get news about future shopping events whenever I hold one.
If you have been dreaming of some product you’ve seen online but you don’t want to buy it until you’ve had a chance to check it out, let me know. You can post a link in the comments here.
I’ve been on my quest for the intersection of style and comfort for some time now so I have some ideas and I’m always looking for more. At the event I’ll have information on some of the other things I might bring in–you can help me pick!
Use the sharing tools below the post to spread the word. See you there!